For the following Drugs:
*ITLC-Silica Gel Strip
MCA or SCA or Scaler with scintillation well
*Alternative media and solvents may be suitable. Use of other solvents and medium must be validated before routine use.
1. See General QC Procedure. Spot the sample 1 cm from the end of strip.
2. To develop the strip, place it in saline.
3. Allow the solvent to migrate to the ink spot/line at top of the strip.
4. Remove strip from solvent.
5. Cut strip at cut line above origin.
6. Count each section of the strip.
Top: contains free Tc-99m sodium pertechnetate
Bottom: contains the tagged drug
% free Tc-99m = (top counts)/(bottom counts + top counts) X 100
% tagged radiopharmaceutical = 100- % free Tc-99m
USP Minimum Acceptable Purities:
Sulfur Colloid 92%
Albumin Colloid 90%