*ITLC Solvent saturation pad
MCA or SCA or Scaler with scintillation well
1. See General QC Procedure. Spot the sample 1 cm from the end of strip.
2. To develop the strip, place it in acetone.
3. Allow the solvent to migrate to the ink spot/line at top of the strip.
4. Remove strip from solvent.
5. Cut strip at cut line above origin.
6. Count each section of the strip.
Top: Lipophilic Tc-99m component
Bottom: Free Tc-99m, hydrolyzed reduced Tc-99m, hydrophilic Tc- 99m component
% lipophilic Tc-99m = (top counts) X 100
(bottom counts + top counts)
USP Minimum Acceptable Purities: